We are committed to protecting your personal data. This policy is to explain how we may use personal information submitted by you either by means of the Tennis Ireland website or through another method, for example by applying for membership, tournaments, garda vetting, a coach licence, an education course, to join one of our high-performance programmes, app, email notifications and/or newsletters or for a job with Tennis Ireland. It explains how we comply with the law on data protection in the territories we operate in and what your rights are in relation to this policy.
|Whose data we may have||In operating the organisation, we process personal data of players, coaches, employees, Committee Members, Officials, Post Holders, Open Tournament entrants, and Website Visitors.|
|What data we process||Depending on the type of interaction with us, you may initially provide us with or we may obtain personal information about you, such as information regarding your:
• personal contact details that allows us to contact you directly such as name, title, email addresses and telephone numbers;
• date of birth, gender, health information;
• records of your interactions with us such as telephone conversations, emails and other correspondence and your instructions to us;
• any credit/debit card and other payment details you provide so that we can receive payments from you and details of the financial transactions with you;
• records of your attendance at any events hosted by us;
• CCTV footage and other information obtained through electronic means;
• images in video and/or photographic form and voice recordings;
• identification documents such as passports and identity cards;
• details of any garda vetting;
• details of next of kin, family members, coaches and emergency contacts;
• records and assessment of any player rankings, grading or ratings, competition results, details regarding events/matches/games attended and performance (including that generated through player programs);
• any disciplinary and grievance information
|Who we share our data with||To provide leading tennis services to you or process your request, we may share your personal data:
• Organisation employees, volunteers etc. as applicable for the interaction
• To any governing bodies or regional bodies for our sport: to allow them to properly administer the sports on a local, regional, national and international level. These include Sport Ireland, Tennis Ireland Branches, Tennis Europe, The International Tennis Federation (ITF), and Irish Tennis Umpires Association, and affiliated Tennis Organisations, e.g., Dublin Lawn Tennis Council (DLTC), Tennis Coach Ireland
• The government: where we are required to do so by law or to assist with their investigations or initiatives. These include Revenue Commissioners or HM Revenue & Customs.
• Gardaí or PSNI: to assist with the investigation and prevention of crime.
• With our selected third parties including certain service providers we have retained in connection with the services we provide, such as event management software, and event management specialists;
|Children||Children may not provide any personal information (including name, email address, phone number or any other information that others could contact them directly) without verifiable parental consent. Tennis Ireland does not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to register for any of our services. Consent forms are available on request to Tennis Ireland.
In the event that Tennis Ireland learns that personal information has been collected without verification of parental consent, the information will be deleted as soon as possible.
|Retention||We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any regulatory, accounting, or reporting requirements.
The applicable retention period for each category of data is set out in the sections below.
Upon expiry of the applicable retention period we will securely return it to our clients if requested, however, normally we destroy your personal data in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
|Your Rights||You have various rights with respect to the use of your personal data:
• Informed: You have the right to be informed when your personal data is being used
• Access: You have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you. There are exceptions to this right, so that access may be denied if, for example, making the information available to you would reveal personal data about another person, or if we are legally prevented from disclosing such information. If you wish to do this, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
• Accuracy: We aim to keep your personal data accurate, current, and complete. We encourage you to contact us by emailing us at the contact details provided below to let us know if any of your personal data is not accurate or changes, so that we can keep your personal data up to date.
• Objecting: In certain circumstances, you also have the right to object to our processing of your personal data and to ask us to block, erase and restrict your personal data. If you would like us to stop using your personal data, please contact us by emailing us at the contact details provided below.
• Porting: You have the right to request that some of your personal data is provided to you, or to another data controller, in a commonly used, machine-readable format.
• Erasure: You have the right to erase your personal data when the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, or when, among other things, your personal data have been unlawfully processed. This right is limited to certain circumstances.
To exercise any of the above rights, or if you have any questions relating to your rights, you may contact us by using the details set out in the "Contact Us" section below.
|Our approach to Security||Approach
We endeavour to use appropriate technical and physical security measures to protect your personal data which is transmitted, stored or otherwise processed by us, from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access. Our service providers are also selected carefully and required to use appropriate protective measures.
When you contact us to ask about your information, we may ask you to identify yourself. This is to help protect your information.
As effective as modern security practices are, no physical or electronic security system is entirely secure. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure or confidential. Although we will do our best to protect your data, we cannot guarantee the security or confidentiality of your data transmitted to our site. Any transmission of data is at your own risk. Once we receive your data, we will use appropriate security measures to seek to prevent unauthorised access. We will continue to revise policies and implement additional security features as new technologies become available.
In the unlikely event that there is an interception or unauthorised access to your personal data, we will not be liable or responsible for any resulting misuse of your personal information.
Tennis Ireland uses a variety of safeguards, personnel and processes that form defence in depth barriers to protect your data. Some of these safeguards we use are firewalls and information access controls. We continuously evaluate our security posture to further enhance the security and confidentiality of your data.
We have also put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
|Social Media||The organisation is active on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube and shares links to some of our content on these platforms. The club utilises these channels to provide information to the public regarding the organisation, the sport of tennis and to answer queries sent through these channels. The club uses analytical tools which aggregate social media engagement in order to measure the performance and success of the organisations social media activities.|
|CCTV||The organisation’s main location is based on a University grounds. CCTV systems are provided and managed by the University. They are in place for the purpose of crime prevention, and public safety.
We align with their CCTV policy and the terms of service in our tenancy contract.
You can always find an up-to-date version of this policy on our website
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
(a) To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
(b) In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
(c) In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights
|Right to register a Complaint||If you have a complaint about the use of your personal information, please let us know, giving us the opportunity to put things right as quickly as possible. We are here to help and encourage you to contact us to resolve your complaint first.
If you wish to make a complaint you may do so in in writing and by email. Please be assured that all complaints received will be fully investigated. You can register a complaint with the Data Protection Compliance Manager using the contact details below.
We ask that you supply as much information as possible to help us resolve your complaint quickly.
You can also contact the Irish DPC at www.dataprotection.ie and the ICO at www.ico.org.uk
|Contact Us||In the event of any query or complaint in connection with the information we hold about you, please email email@example.com
Or write to:
Data Protection Compliance Manager
Categories of Data Subjects
The table below describes the main purposes for which we process your personal information, the categories of your information involved, our lawful basis for being able to do this and the retention period assigned.
|Purpose||How we collect the data||Personal data used||Lawful bias||Retention period|
|To send you relevant information we think you might find useful or which you have requested from us (such as newsletter), including information about tennis in Ireland and upcoming events||Email, website, social media queries, phone or in writing.||Name, contact details and contact preferences.||Consent||400 days or until unsubscribed|
|To process licences, events, Vetting coordination and other tennis related matters||Registration, email, phone or in writing||Name, contact details, qualifications, vetting details, CPD hours, Sport Ireland Safe Guarding details||In order to process your request to coach in Ireland and all activities related to coaching. (Performance of a contract)||Duration of the contract plus 7 years
Reduced details may be maintained for historical record purposes.
|To manage your employment with the organisation for the duration of your engagement.||Application and commencement process||Name, address, contact details, PPSN number,||In order to process your employment contract. (Performance of a contract)||Duration of employment plus 7 years|
|Committee Members, Post Holders, Volunteers, Officials|
|To assist in the coordination and organisation of meetings and events where volunteers, committees are involved.||Upon application||Name and contact details||To process communications relating to events and meetings (Consent)||For the duration of the volunteering period/committee membership. Reduced details may be maintained for historical record purposes|
|Tournament Entrants (Senior and Junior)|
|For the purposes of running competitions which are open to all, the organisation will request personal contact details. This information will only be used for the purposes of running the competition except where required by law to do so, be provided to any third party.||Online entry through tournamentsoftware.com and paper-based entry forms or calls to event organisers.||Name, address, phone number(s), email address, DOB/Age Category||In order to process your entry request prior to entering into a tournament/event and ongoing services such as payment processing, schedule amendment updates, expected during and after the event. (Performance of a contract)||400 days|
|For the purposes of running tennis or multi-sport camps, the organisation will request personal contact details from participants. This information will only be used for the purposes of running the event/camp.||Registration forms and/or email||Name, address, phone number(s), email address, DOB/Age Category, health information.||In order to process your request to participate in the event/camp and ongoing services such as payment processing, changes to schedule, expected during and after the event/camp. (Performance of a contract)|
We process your health information in your vital interest. It is to ensure you are safe during the duration of the event/camp.
|Name and contact details: 400 days
Health information: Upon completion of the event/camp
For some of your personal information you will have a legal, contractual or other requirement or obligation for you to provide it to us. If you do not provide us with the requested personal information, we may not be able to provide our service or we may not be able to properly perform our contract with you or comply with legal obligations. For other personal information you may not be under an obligation to provide it to us, but if you do not provide it then we may not be able to properly perform our contract with you.
Where you have given us your consent to use your personal information in a particular manner, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time, which you may do by contacting us as described in the “Contacting us” section.
Please note however that the withdrawal of your consent will not affect any use of the data made before you withdrew your consent and we may still be entitled to hold and process the relevant personal information to the extent that we are entitled to do so on bases other than your consent. Withdrawing consent may also have the same effects as not providing the information in the first place, for example we may no longer be able to provide certain member benefits to you.