Find the right Competition
Where can I find Tournaments?
Tennis Ireland Tournaments website includes hundreds of tournaments. This makes hard finding the tournaments that you may be interested in or could be the suitable for your level or age.
You can narrow down the list considerably following these steps:
1. On the black navigation in the left-hand side of the page, Click on “Tournaments”.
2. Click on the “Advanced Search Option”
3. Tournament Type: Using the filters in this section, display will be limited to Tennis Ireland approved Open Tournaments. Just click on the option of your choice:
- Senior/National Tour
4. Date, Online Entry, Location, Events and Age are self-explanatory.
Which is the right competition for me or my child?
Tennis Ireland registered players can enter Open tournaments. These are organized by clubs, provincial branches or Tennis Ireland. They are approved by Tennis Ireland, must comply with its Regulations and are published in Tennis Ireland tournaments website.
At the end of the year, Tennis Ireland publishes the Calendars – Junior, Senior and Masters (Veteran) – listing the tournaments for the following year. High Category tournaments are likely to have few changes, if any, but lower Category tournaments may be added with just a few weeks’ notice throughout the year.
The online entry opens a few weeks before the tournament is due to start.
There are three main types of tournaments:
- National Tour: Adult tournaments.
- Junior: for players aged from 10 to 18.
- Masters: for players that will turn 30 in the year to over 85s.
Tennis Ireland Tournaments are grouped in Categories from 2000 to 100. The Category of the tournament is specified in its name. For example, a tournament called “xxxx Tour 500 Open” is a tournament that has Tour 500 Category events.
National Tour tournaments that do not include Level 1 events are called Graded tournaments and do not include the Tour denomination.
The events are displayed:
- Under the Tournament Name and venue in the tournaments list,
- in the “General Information” section in the overview page of the tournament, and
- the Events tab.
For the full list to fit in a small space Gender, and Singles or Doubles are represented by initials. The initials used are:
- M for Men, and B for Boys
- W for Women, and G for Girls
- X for Mixed
- S for Singles, and D for Doubles
Age eligibility is displayed in the overview page as follows:
- Juniors: -11, -12, -13, -14, -15, -16, -17, or –18
- Masters: 30+, 35+, 40+, 45+, 50+, 55+, 60+, 65+, 70+, 75+, 80+
- Adult tournaments display the minimum age players must be. For example: +16 means that players must be 16 or older to enter.
With few exceptions, National Tour tournaments include a mixture of levels 1 to 7. You can see what levels a tournament is planning to run in the events tab. The list of events in this page will have more details than the overview page, or the small summary in the tournaments list.