Level 4 - Coaching High Performance Players Course (CHPP)
Who is the Coaching High Performance Players course for?
Candidates who undertake the course should be interested in coaching advanced and those striving to become professional players involved in competition.
The Tennis Ireland Level 4 Course is a 14-day course and includes the following six modules:
- Advanced tactics
- Teaching methodology and training
- Advanced biomechanics and technique
- Body conditioning
- Tennis development and planning
It’s a blended learning programme and will involve a combination of pre-course learning with the ITF Academy, a series of remote zoom sessions and face to face practical sessions with an ITF Coach Developer, written tests, online workbooks, submission of practical video footage and a selection of reading materials.
Who can apply for the Level 4 course?
Requirements to register for the Level 4 course:
- Qualified Level 3 Coach.
- Candidates should be of a sufficient playing standard.
- Must be Licensed for the year with Tennis Ireland.
- Must be Garda vetted within previous 3 years.
- Must have completed Safeguarding 1 training within previous 3 years.
- Must have valid First Aid certificate.
When registering you will be required to upload the following:
- Valid Safeguarding 1 certificate within previous 3 years (you will be asked to submit a refresher cert, if required, after your registration is received).
- Valid First Aid certificate.
- A copy of your C.V.
What is involved in the course?
- 5 hours online learning to complete 48 Modules on the ITF Academy site before commencing the FaceTime side of the course.
- 30 of the hours will be delivered on Zoom divided into sessions (number of sessions and hours may vary per course).
- 14 x 13-15 hour days with the Coach Developer on-court (number of sessions and hours may vary per course).
The Level 4 course concludes with all the participants being assessed by means of two in person written tests, technical-tactical practical assessment, physical conditioning lesson, mental lesson and satisfactory completion of the 6 workbooks. Participants must also have successfully completed the 48 online Modules on the ITF Academy.
Upon the successful completion of the full course, the participants will be awarded a Tennis Ireland Level 4 Coaching Certification and will be able to work with advanced players.
If a participant fails the practical assessment they will be informed of the process and the below fee will apply. Participants will be issued with a new topic once the fee is paid.
The additional fee to repeat the practical test and/or complete a reflective journal is €80.00
The fee for the course is €2500.00
A deposit of €1500.00 will be required once registration is accepted.
Invoices will be issued to candidates. The balance must be paid before the end of the contact hours.
Timeframe to complete the course
Candidates can complete the assessments in their own time to become qualified but we do advise to complete these soon after completing the course while information is fresh.
Maximum and Minimum Participants per course
Maximum – 12 Participants
Minimum – 10 Participants