Level 2 - Coaching Beginner & Intermediate Players Course (CBI)
Objective of the Coaching Beginner to Intermediate Players course
The Course is a qualification involving 80 coach developer contact hours over 12-days and 6 hours online learning. Before taking part in the course contact time, all participants must complete the 6 hours online learning programme for the Level 2 Course.
The goal of the Coaching Beginner & Intermediate Players Course is to give candidates the skills required to promote tennis at a grass-roots level, introduce participants to tennis through the modified courts and coaching players up to junior and senior club competition level
Who can apply for the Level 2 course?
Requirements to register for the Level 2 course:
- Qualified Level 1 Coach (ideally with at least 1 year experience as a Level 1 coach).
- Must be minimum 19 years of age.
- Must be Licensed for the year with Tennis Ireland.
- Must be Garda vetted within previous 3 years.
- Must have completed Safeguarding 1 training within previous 3 years.
- Must have valid First Aid certificate.
When registering you will be required to upload the following:
- Valid Safeguarding 1 certificate within previous 3 years (you will be asked to submit a refresher cert, if required, after your registration is received).
- Valid First Aid certificate.
- A copy of your C.V.
What is involved in the course?
- 6 hours online learning to complete 15 Modules on the ITF Academy site before commencing the FaceTime side of the course.
- 14 of the hours will be delivered on Zoom in the evening time (7 x two hour sessions).
- 11 x 6 hour days with the Coach Developer on-court.
The Level 2 course concludes with all the participants being assessed by means of a ‘multiple choice’ written test, individual practical assessment, group practical assessment, playing ability assessment and satisfactory completion of the 8 workbooks. Participants must also have successfully completed the 15 online Modules on the ITF Academy.
Upon the successful completion of the full course, the participants will be awarded a Tennis Ireland Level 2 Coaching Certification and will be able to work with beginner and intermediate players.
Failed Quizzes and Practicals
If a participant is incomplete on the written test (max. two attempts), they will be able to complete a second quiz (max. two attempts).
If the participants is incomplete on the second test, he/she will have to complete a Reflective Journal on the course content and submit it to the Course Assessor. If the Assessor deems the Journal to be satisfactory and the participant has proved competency in all the other tasks associated with the course, then he or she will be awarded the Level 2 Certification.
If a participant fails the practical assessment they will be informed of the process and the below fee will apply. Participants will be issued with a new topic once the fee is paid.
The additional fee to repeat the practical test and/or complete a reflective journal is €80.00.
The fee for the course is €900.00.
A deposit of €450.00 will be required once registration is accepted.
Invoices will be issued to candidates. The balance must be paid before the end of the contact hours.
Timeframe to complete the course
Candidates can complete the assessments in their own time to become qualified but we do advise to complete these soon after completing the course while information is fresh.
Maximum and Minimum Participants per course
Maximum – 12 Participants
Minimum – 10 Participants