Car Hire Excess
Planning on going abroad and renting a car? Now you can save over €200 with our new Low Cost Car Hire Excess Insurance.* Don’t get caught at the counter and pay way over the odds.
What’s in it for me?
While most car rental companies provide protection against accident or theft, they include an excess on their car rental agreements. That means you are responsible for the excess (the first portion of loss or damage) in the event of an accident or if the car is stolen, and which could cost you as much as €2,500!
**For as little as €0.14 a day our Car Hire Excess insurance covers:-
· Up to 5 additional drivers named on the car rental agreement
· The excess shown in the car rental agreement up to a limit of €2,500 per claim (€3,750 in any one policy period).
· The loss or damage to tyres, windscreen, undercarriage of the car and towing charges (often excluded in the rental agreement).
· Car Rental Key Cover – up to €750 per claim (€2,500 in any one policy period).
· Personal Accident Cover up to €40,000.
· Optional Top-Up Supplemental Liability (SLI) / Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) for car hire in the USA/Canada, South and Central America.
Give yourself peace of mind before your next trip. For further information and purchase for Car Hire Excess Insurance go to aig.ie
*Savings based on a recent survey for car hire excess insurance for a Ford Focus on a two week holiday to Spain.
** Quote based on Europe Annual – Excess Only Option. Price Correct Jan 14
*Terms and Conditions apply