Do you hold a coaching qualification from abroad, or granted by a coaches training body other than Tennis Ireland? Do you want to find out if your qualification can be assimilated into the Tennis Ireland Coaches Qualification system? If so, you may wish to apply for possible assimilation. In order to complete this process in a fair and equitable manner, Tennis Ireland has put in place the following process.
1. Please complete and return the Coach Profile Form in the link below to the Tennis Ireland office. Ensure that you enclose with the completed form all requested documents/certificates. If you do not do so, it will delay the process. IMPORTANT – Please note that all documents/certificates must be translated into the English language.
2. Our Assimilation Officer will then review these documents provided and contact your two listed referees.
3. The Tennis Ireland Coaches Education and Technical Committee will meet to decide on your application for assimilation. Having studied the documentation, the Committee may decide to:
1. Grant you equivalency at one of the following levels – Level One Coach, Level Two Coach, Level Three Coach or Level Four Coach.
2. Advise you that you need to carry out certain tasks in order to be assimilated at a specified level. For example, complete a project, attend specified components of Level 1, 2 or 3 Courses, undergo an aptitude test.
3. Advise you that your request for assimilation has not been accepted, and recommend you to apply for the next Level One Coaches Training Course.
Before being assimilated into the Tennis Ireland system, all applicants must attend a Safeguarding 1 Training Course in this country. No person can be assimilated until Tennis Ireland has received a copy of the certificate of attendance from a recognised provider of the Safeguarding Course. To find a course provider near to where you’re living in Ireland click on the following link – https://www.sportireland.ie/participation/lsp-contact-finder
Applicants for Assimilation if they are living or have lived in Ireland for a period of time, must apply to be Garda Vetted (Police checked) – click here for details.
Applicants also need to provide police checks from all the countries he/she has lived in prior to arriving in Ireland.
Please note that, in order to cover administrative expenses, there is a fee of €100.00 payable by the applicant for assimilation. A cheque for this amount (payable to `Tennis Ireland`) must be included with your completed Coach Profile Form before the process can begin.
Download the relevant Assimilation Application form below:
All participants must produce evidence of having attended Child Protection Awareness Training and that they have been vetted either by the Garda or the Access NI.
Any further details required please contact me at the number below.
Roger Geraghty, Director of Development & National Children’s Officer