30 Aug LAUNCH OF THE LEINSTER TENNIS YOUTH FORUM – Now open for applications
This year, Leinster Tennis is launching the first ever Leinster Tennis Youth Forum.
The mission is to empower the voice of young people in the future development of tennis across the province. We aim to broaden the tennis horizon and by doing so, the potential of the sport too. This is an exciting new era in Leinster Tennis and we are starting with a blank page. If you are between the age of 16 and 25 years and you would like to be a representative voice for young people in the Leinster Tennis community, then read on and submit your application before the closing date of Monday, 12th September @ 5pm. Please note, we hope to invite 10 people from applications to the Youth Forum for 2022/2023. If applications exceed this number, selection of members will be centred on diversity and inclusion, including a fair geographical representation.
The Leinster Tennis Youth Forum target values are safety, inclusion, diversity and positivity.
- Between the age of 16 and 25 years.
- A reliable, enthusiastic leader with a passion for the future of Irish tennis.
- An insight into the junior tennis scene at club and/or provincial level.
- A free and creative thinker with the tenacity to follow through on ideas.
- Some direct experience in contributing to Irish tennis at club and/or provincial level.
- Confidence to put across views and opinions in a positive manner.
- Dedicated with the desire to represent the Leinster junior community in a fair and transparent way.
- Willing to learn and share knowledge and experience.
- Possess the values of team spirit, integrity, respect, compassion and determination.
What you can gain from being a member of the Leinster Tennis Youth Forum
- A member of a similar minded community with a common goal to influence the future of Irish tennis.
- An opportunity to embark on a unique personal development pathway and develop a network within the tennis community.
- You will represent the voice of young people in Leinster Tennis and contribute your views and ideas to future policy and strategy in the region.
- Be one of the founding members of the first ever Leinster Tennis Youth Forum in Ireland.
- The opportunity to learn from and share ideas with senior volunteers and professionals in Leinster Tennis.
PLEASE NOTE – YOUTH FORUM MEMBERS WILL BE EXPECTED TO ATTEND APPROXIMATELY SIX MEETINGS IN A YEAR, EITHER IN PERSON OR ONLINE AND MAY BE REQUESTED TO WORK WITH A SUB-GROUP DEPENDING ON YOUTH FORUM ANNUAL PLAN. PLEASE ENSURE YOU ARE HAPPY TO COMMIT TO THIS SCHEDULE BEFORE YOU SUBMIT AN APPLICATION. THANK YOU.
If this all grabs your attention – you can apply here:
Closing date for receipt of your application is Monday, 12th September 2022 @ 5pm.
Should you have any questions please contact your local Regional Development Officer.
Contact details can be found here: https://www.tennisireland.ie/clubs/development-team/