25 Jun Tennis Ireland Phase 3 Guidelines for the Republic of Ireland
In advance of Phase 3 which is due to commence in the Republic of Ireland from Monday 29th June, Tennis Ireland has prepared updated Return to Play Guidance for Clubs, Players and Coaches.
The measures which are part of the third phase of lifting the public health restrictions that relate to Tennis and will come into effect on top of the measures announced as part of phase 2 and are part of the Republic of Ireland’s roadmap for reopening society and business.
The main updates from the Phase 2 Guidelines and which will come into effect from the 29th June in the Republic of Ireland include :
- Both singles play and doubles play will be permitted with people from outside of their household, as long as they remain 2 metres apart as much as possible.
- Internal club competitions can be delivered subject to appropriate protocols being implemented. Guidelines for running tournaments will be issued this week.
- Changing Rooms can reopen for players but only subject to appropriate cleaning and management protocols being in place.
- Club restaurant / café / bar / shops can open subject to the implementation of appropriate protocols and requirements
- Coaches are allowed to work with up to 6 players per court subject to social distancing practices being implemented
- Indoor courts can reopen subject to strict cleaning and management protocols
- Visitors to clubs are allowed subject to appropriate contact tracing protocols being in place
- Outdoor gatherings of up to 200 people are permitted when conducted in line with public health advice.
It should be noted that any club that feels it is not ready to move to Phase 3, should follow the Guidelines for Phase 2 which can be found here
The guidelines for Phase 3 can be accessed below:
We hope these protocols apply to Northern Ireland in the coming days, subject to the Northern Ireland Executive allowing the country to move to Stage 3 of its reopening.