30 Oct Winter National Matchplay 2018
Winter Matchplay Rules 2018
Winter National Matchplay will take place on Sat 1st -Sun 2nd December 2018.
u12 in Galway LTC and u14, 16 and 18 in Westwood Lepoardstown.
Entry is open HERE.
- The first 12 positions will be offered to the top 12 players nationally ranked according to the published rankings on Tuesday 6th November 2018.
The final 4 positions will be offered to the 4 Provincial Matchplay winners, provided there is at least one top 30 ranked player in the draw. If unavailable, the runner-up, 3rd or 4th placed player, all of whom must be ranked inside the top 30 nationally will be offered the place.
In the event that this player fails to meet this ranking criterion the position will be offered to the next highest ranked player not already qualified i.e from the provincials, published on the Nov 6th 2018
- Players who have entered the Provincial Matchplay and are subsequently accepted directly by national ranking will be withdrawn from the Provincial Matchplay. They must then enter the National Match-play directly online.
- Players directly accepted to play in the National Matchplays are not eligible to play in the Provincial Matchplays.
- Any places that arise out of withdrawals will be offered to the next highest ranked player not already qualified i.e from the provincials, published on the Nov 6th 2018. Players must have entered the National Matchplay or taken part in the Provincial matchplays to be eligible to accept a place vacated by a player accepted directly.
- Players who qualify from their Provincial Matchplay as either winners or potential reserve players for National Matchplay will receive ranking points from one Matchplay event only.