04 Nov Head strength and conditioning trainer vacancy
Head strength and conditioning trainer
Tennis Irelands BNP Academy are looking for a new head strength and conditioning coach. This is an opportunity to lead a team of strength and conditioning coaches in a very progressive high performance program.
We are looking for someone with experience of working with international level athletes in high performance programs. We want someone energetic, with vision and the skills to make our program one of the leading tennis specific strength and conditioning programs in the world. The successful candidate will report directly to the Performance Director.
· –Design all aspects of the physical training programs for athletes training within the academy. Produce weekly and monthly training plans. Provide training plans for the summer competition season to our junior athletes.
· -Implement the majority of the training with individuals and groups as required
· -Organise and design all aspects of player fitness testing. Maintain player statistics from testing.
· -Educate third party strength / conditioning coaches and tennis coaches within the team
· -Provide parent / coach workshops as requested
· -Travel to International competitions as requested by the performance director
· -Be proactive in professional development and particularly in Tennis specific physical training
· -Work closely with physiotherapists and other specialists in developing objective return to play protocols and implementing player injury prehabilitation, rehabilitation programs.
· -Adhere to Tennis Ireland training centre values
· -Work closely with the sports science faculty within the university to create joint research projects that will benefit the longterm development of our programs.
· -A recognised degree or higher national diploma in physical education, human movement or sports science.
· -A recognised professional certification strength and conditioning
· -A verifiable record of programme design and delivery of physical development programmes.
· -Practical coaching experience with young athletes
· -Experience of developing and implementing objective return to play protocols
· -Practical experience in speed and agility training
· -Must be signed up to the coach / trainers code of conduct, Garda vetting and child protection
· -A post graduate degree in sports science strength and conditioning
· -Experience in tennis specific physical training
· –Maintain effective relationships with various staff within the training centre, private coaches and regional coaches
· -Carry out duties and responsibilities to an effective and efficient standard
· –Establish world class work practices
· -Make effective and informative decisions in relation to the role
To apply: send cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications Fri Nov 27th 2015