03 Mar Tennis Ireland launches Training Buddies Programme
Training Buddies Programme
National Tennis Academy 2014
Tennis Ireland would like to issue a call out to tennis players nationwide to register for our “Training Buddies Programme”.
In the interest of the progression of our sport, we wish to set up a registry of high level (High Performance Juniors or top level senior league players) players in Ireland to train and/or play matches with our Tennis Academy players, by invitation and hosted in Dublin City University.
Junior and Senior League players are welcome to apply to be listed on the Training Buddies register.
- To increase match practice for our Academy based tennis players by offering tennis players on the Resister the opportunity to attend the National Academy for scheduled matches and/or training sessions.
- Players nationwide may have the opportunity to practice competition and/or train by invitation, to the National Tennis Academy at the highest level with some of the Nation’s best.
- Tennis Ireland Academy coaches will be present and available to offer advice if requested.
- Players will be training within the BNP Paribas National Academy’s excellent facilities on the best court surfaces.
- This service is provided free of charge.
To be successful for registration, players will need the following:
1. Provide an outline of proven track record in tennis tournaments with results at domestic and, where applicable, international level;
2. Competing within the agegroup of u14s to senior level (High Performance Juniors or top level senior league players);
3. Membership of the Tennis Ireland National Player Database with a Tennis Ireland PIN number;
4. Submit application before the deadline of 14th March 2014.
Application can be processed by clicking on the link below and submitting the completed form to Tennis Ireland before the deadline. The National Academy coaching team will shortlist candidates and those that are successful for the programme will receive confirmation before the end of March.