16 Dec Vacancy with Student Sport Ireland
Student Sport Ireland invite nominations for the role of Head of Delegation to the Ireland team to participate at the 2015 World University Games. This is a voluntary position with responsibilities commencing in January 2014 and continuing through to end July 2015.
Reporting to Student Sport Ireland’s High Performance Committee the Head of Delegation will lead the coordination, planning and preparations for the Games and act as on site lead manager to the team during the games.
In brief candidates must demonstrate:
· Experience and/or involvement with national and international Games and events;
· Proven administrative and fiscal expertise, logistical ability, knowledge and appreciation of the unique physical and mental demands which fall upon elite high performance athletes;
· The ability to lead, motivate and foster team building;
· Accept the responsibilities of leadership and demonstrate exemplary behaviour;
· The ability to represent the Team in all policy and procedural discussions and/or matters;
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively with athletes, coaches and team officials;
· Strong organizational skills;
· Strategic and operational planning experience;
· Strong problem-solving and crisis management skills;
· Facility with media interviews and public speaking.
Please follow this link to download a detailed job specification and application form: World University Games 2015 Head of Delegation
The deadline for receipt of application is 5pm, Friday 10th January 2014.
Student Sport Ireland will consider all applications received by the due date and may call on short-listed candidates for an interview.