- Tennis Coach Ireland
- Coaching Courses
- Coaches Resource Centre
- ITB Degree Course
- Player Development Pathway
- Skills Awards
- Coaches Licensing
- Coaches CPD Points
- Galway Lawn Tennis Club Head Coach
- The CDETP/SOLAS (Formerly FAS) and Dublin Parks Tennis Coaches Course
Play and Stay Assistant
Play and Stay Assistant Course
Qualifying as a tennis coach can lead to exciting full or part-time career opportunities – at home or abroad. Tennis Ireland is the National Governing Body of the game this country. We have in place a comprehensive, up to date and highly regarded coaches training system. The `Play and Stay Assistant` award is the first rung on the ladder, and we are delighted that you are interested in finding out more about this course.
Candidates who successfully complete the course:
-Will be able to assist qualified tennis coaches in teaching the game in clubs, schools and parks. Subject to the agreement made with the coach you are assisting, you may be paid for this work.
-Will be eligible to become Associate Members of the Tennis Ireland Coaches Association, the official representative body for Tennis Ireland coaches. (See www.tica.ie)
-Should you decide to go on to the next stage of the coaching ladder (the Level One Coaches Training Course), you will have built up a lot of knowledge and experience that will help you on the Level One.
Who Can Sign Up For This Course?
In order to register, you must be aged 16 or over on the day you sign the course application form.
What Does The Course Involve?
There are two main parts to the course:
1. PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE – you will need to satisfactorily complete a total of 20 hours work experience with a Tennis Ireland qualified Level 1, 2 or 3 coach. After each session you will type into a logbook a short report on the session and your involvement in it. At the end of the 20 hours you email the completed logbook to Tennis Ireland.
2. KNOWLEDGE OF THEORY – You will study a total of 17 on line presentations.These presentations are the online theory components of module 1 & 2 of the level 1 course.
Having studied the information which is a total of 3.5 hours in duration and when you are confident that you understand the information provided in the presentations, take the relevant quiz related to the content.
When you complete the quiz, your results will be sent automatically to Tennis Ireland. If you score less than 70% in a quiz, do not worry. Simply study the presentations again, then retake the quiz when you are ready. Your new score will be automatically sent to Tennis Ireland. You can repeat this process as many times as necessary until you score 70% or above.
When completing the quiz, please ensure to put your full name at the beginning and the password to gain access to the quiz.
Completing The Course
There is no time limit by when you must complete the course. You can gain the work experience, study the online presentations and answer the quizzes at your own pace. This course has been designed to fit around your other commitments.
You will be awarded your Play and Stay Certificate when:
1. Your completed logbook has been received.
2. Tennis Ireland has received confirmation from the coach with whom you gained the practical experience that you have satisfactorily completed the work experience.
3. You have scored 70% in the quiz related to the online presentations.
What Should I Do Next?
Download the `Application Form for Play and Stay Assistant Course` (below). Complete the form and return it to us, with your course fee (€75EUR/£70GBP). Be sure to enclose the other documents referred to in the Application Form, which can also be downloaded from below.
Your Garda Vetting Application form can be downloaded here - Click Here
As soon as we receive your completed documents we will be in touch to help you get started. We hope you decide to sign up, and look forward to working with you on the course.
The course fee is €75EUR or £70GBP. Participants may also pay the EUR fee over the phone (Tennis Ireland: PH: 01 8844010) using a credit card.
|1. Application Form for Play and Stay Assistant Course||173 kbs||22nd April 2010|
|2. Confirmation of participation by coach||167 kbs||22nd April 2010|
|5. Garda Vetting Process FAQ||351 kbs||22nd April 2010|
|Garda Vetting Application Form||151 kbs||10th September 2014|
|Garda Vetting Parent-Guardian Consent form||14 kbs||10th September 2014|