Play and Stay Assistant
Play and Stay Assistant Course
Qualifying as a tennis coach can lead to exciting full or part-time career opportunities – at home or abroad. Tennis Ireland is the National Governing Body of the game this country. We have in place a comprehensive, up to date and highly regarded coaches training system. The `Play and Stay Assistant` award is the first rung on the ladder, and we are delighted that you are interested in finding out more about this course.
Candidates who successfully complete the course:
-Will be able to assist qualified tennis coaches in teaching the game in clubs, schools and parks. Subject to the agreement made with the coach you are assisting, you may be paid for this work.
-Will be eligible to become Associate Members of the Tennis Ireland Coaches Association, the official representative body for Tennis Ireland coaches. (See www.tica.ie)
-Should you decide to go on to the next stage of the coaching ladder (the Level One Coaches Training Course), you will have built up a lot of knowledge and experience that will help you on the Level One.
Who Can Sign Up For This Course?
In order to register, you must be aged 16 or over on the day you sign the course application form.
What Does The Course Involve?
There are two main parts to the course:
1. PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE – you will need to satisfactorily complete a total of 20 hours work experience with a Tennis Ireland qualified Level 1, 2 or 3 coach. After each session you will type into a logbook a short report on the session and your involvement in it. At the end of the 20 hours you email the completed logbook to Tennis Ireland.
2. KNOWLEDGE OF THEORY – You will study a total of 18 on line presentations that have been written by the International Tennis Federation (the world governing body of tennis). You will then complete an on line quiz on each presentation. The pass mark in each quiz is 70%. If you do not achieve 70% or above first time, you can study the presentations again and retake the quiz. Your results are automatically transmitted over the Internet to Tennis Ireland.
Completing The Course
There is no time limit by when you must complete the course. You can gain the work experience, study the online presentations and answer the quizzes at your own pace. This course has been designed to fit around your other commitments.
You will be awarded your Play and Stay Certificate when:
1. Your completed logbook has been received.
2. Tennis Ireland has received confirmation from the coach with whom you gained the practical experience that you have satisfactorily completed the work experience.
3. You have scored 70% or above in each of the quizzes related to the ITF online presentations.
What Should I Do Next?
Download the `Application Form for Play and Stay Assistant Course` (below). Complete the form and return it to us, with your course fee (€75EUR/£70GBP). Be sure to enclose the other documents referred to in the Application Form, which can also be downloaded from below. As soon as we receive your completed documents we will be in touch to help you get started. We hope you decide to sign up, and look forward to working with you on the course.
The course fee is €75EUR or £70GBP. Participants may also pay the EUR fee over the phone using a credit card.
|1. Application Form for Play and Stay Assistant Course||173 kbs||22nd April 2010|
|2. Confirmation of participation by coach||167 kbs||22nd April 2010|
|3. Garda Vetting Application Form||37 kbs||22nd April 2010|
|4. Garda Vetting Parent Guardian Consent Form 16-18yrs||75 kbs||22nd April 2010|
|5. Garda Vetting Process FAQ||351 kbs||22nd April 2010|